Thursday, December 10, 2015

Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks! Review/Swatches

I've had a couple of the Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks for a while now, probably since they first launched. I can't believe I never did a review on them! I thought now would be the perfect time since Christmas is coming up. If you've wanted to try these out but weren't sure, then keep on reading.

The five colors I have are Succulent, Tulle, Bumble, Avenue, and Trap.
Let me start off by saying my two faves are Tulle and Avenue! They are so beautiful and if you're thinking of purchasing any of them, definitely get these two. Tulle is a beautiful dark mauve color. If you like natural colors but still want some darkness, this color is going to be perfect for you! I cannot stand wearing nudes so for me this is the perfect everyday color. Avenue on the other hand is this gorgeous dark red. I live for Avenue. I feel so sexy when I wear this color. I love wearing it with both natural and dramatic eye looks.
Let's talk about the other three colors I have. Succulent is a bright orange shade which I honestly haven't worn more than twice. The reason is because since fall and winter is the time where it's highly appropriate to wear dark lips. I love my orange lips in the spring and summer so trust me, this is probably all I'm going to be wearing!
Bumble is kind of like Tulle, but way lighter. I'm not even going to lie, I never wear this color. I've worn it maybe once or twice. Like I said, I just prefer the darker colors. It's so rare that you'll see me with a light color. Don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful color, but not something I reach for often.
The last color I have is Trap. I was so excited to try this color. I've always wanted a gray lipstick but I've always been scared. I couldn't choose between this color and Beeper. I went with Trap cause it was a lighter gray and more natural. I'm in no way bashing here, but I absolutely hate this color, on me. I don't like the way it looks on me at all! It's too light and nude for my taste and I've tried it on twice and wiped it off both times. It looks great on my friend though, she loves it! I've seen so many people that can pull this color off but I personally cannot. So if you like nudes, this color is a must have for you.
Overall, these liquid lipsticks are some of the best I've tried. I like the way they dry on my lips. I haven't had any problems with these. I'm definitely going to be ordering more shades! Oh, I forgot to mention, they're only $6!

From left to right: Succulent, Trap, Bumble, Tulle, and Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment